Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
ID #; 20TP1214ATE
Location: Canada/USA (remote)
Term: Full time-permanent
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Test Automation Engineer. You will be responsible for creating and utilizing software tools that enable a best-in-class practice to automate the testing and deployment of virtualized enterprise edge solutions with excellent customer experience.
1. Develop test management capabilities to validate VNF and Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI) performance and interoperability. Deliverables to include appropriate portals, dashboards, and data repositories.
2. Utilize your developments to test enterprise VNF’s including validation of the VNF and NFVI interoperability.
3. Create scripts and other craft tools to deploy and validate the network, compute, storage, orchestration, and applications elements of the virtualized edge solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with automation software development and network function testing in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field;
- 3 years of cloud deployment and enterprise VNF testing experience is preferred;
- technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise VNF;
- Rest API, automation, and scripting skills including: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Java and Python;
- experience with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN;
- Network testing methodologies and test case creation experience. Network test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent;
- VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge: ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF;
- understanding or ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security;
- Network Service Design understanding: Network Service Descriptors (NSD) and Virtual Network Function Descriptors (VNFD). Day 0, Day 1, and Day N requirements; and
- experience with cloud deployments and migrations.
Nice to have:
- bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds
- strong version control skills in GitHub, bitbucket or Gitlab, including experience with merge requests and branch management
- understanding of DevOps as implemented in the Gitlab platform including Docker or Kubernetes image building and usage for automation testing
- knowledge of data analytics
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.