Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
ID #: 20PP0408TAE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Contract/ term employment
Do you want to help us build the next generation of the world’s fastest networks that grow smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day?
Join us on this fascinating journey!
What will you do as part of our team?
- Engage engineering teams, product line managers and product owners to transform high-level requirements into optimized test coverage
- Execution and Delivery of manual and automation end-to-end feature testing, tracking testing using Agile
- Due diligence to ensure complete feature coverage, availability of required test environment (i.e., traffic generators, cards, system set up and ready), and the testing is within given quality parameters
- Analyze test results and prepare test reports
- Investigate software defects, highlight critical issues, and consult with software development engineers in finding a resolution
- Lead the effort to automate all manual test cases using automation best practices
- Provide support for Field Engineers through software upgrades, execution of the assigned test cases, debugging and collecting log files
- Assist in standardization and interoperability lab testing
- Develop customer deliverable requirement use cases
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in test automation, python and networking testing role
- Ability to comfortably look and understand code written in C (White box testing)
- Experience in development environments – GIT, Jenkins, Perforce, ClearCase, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills associated with service provider, enterprise and carrier software solutions in general
- Knowledge and experience working with UNIX/Linux/RHEL/Ubuntu and/or any other server OS, be it on bare metal and/or Virtual Machine
- Experience working with lab equipment and setting test environments
- Knowledge and experience working with system level, Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols (like MPLS, IGP, BGP, Segment Routing, EVPN etc.).
- Knowledge and/or work experience related to network virtualization software
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.