Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
ID #; 05LB0406TSE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Full time, permanent
We are looking for a Technical Support Worker with 5 years of experience to support a software application that is used by law enforcement.
- MUST qualify for Top Secret Security Clearance (Canadian Citizen with 10 years verifiable residence)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows Server and Desktop solutions
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks, VPNs, routing, subnets, and related hardware (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Effectively use software including SQL, Wireshark, MS Office Suite, Cisco Webex
- Work on a rotational shift between the hours of 06:00AM to 8:00PM Eastern Time
- Ability to work from home, when required, in a secure, private location where others cannot see or hear what you are doing
- Excellent analytical skills; is able to analyze a situation, apply problem solving techniques and suggest improvements
- Outstanding organizational skills; able to prioritize problems as they arise
- Finesse to deal with complex issues in a timely manner, and provide suggestions and improvements to customers along the way
- Superb oral and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to provide technical leadership and training to other team members, where and if required
- Hands-on experience to monitor and track issues to ensure accurate resolution
- Proficiency in Enterprise network security setups and requirements
- Outstanding analytical skills; is able to analyze a situation, apply problem solving techniques and suggest improvements
- Capability to deal with complex issues in a timely manner, and provide suggestions and improvements to customers along the way
- Knowledge to recreate and develop long-term solutions to re-occurring issues
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP, Network Security basics, Routing, Switching
- Solid understanding of L2-L7 protocols, and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Sciences/ Electronic & Communications Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is strongly desired
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.