Solutions Support Engineer
Solutions Support Engineer
ID #; 20TP1214SSE
Location: Canada/USA (remote)
Term: Full time-permanent
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Solutions Support Engineer who will support virtualized edge solutions for our service provider and enterprise customers with an excellent customer experience. If you are a self-starter, problem solver and can work efficiently under pressure and perform a variety of tasks in a start-up mode then we want to hear from you!
- Provide both post-sales and pre-sales solution support activities.
- Support orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements.
- Carry out testing of solutions along with troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues.
- Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components. Assist in validation of solution configurations and release updates.
- Contribute to knowledge base and competency development of the team.
- Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Assist with staging and demonstration of proof of concepts (PoC) for customers and customer clients.
- Identify and create processes and tools and other improvements to optimize the capabilities of the practice.
- Provide status and resolution communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field;
- 2+ years of NFV/VNF application experience;
- technical skill and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF);
- competent with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN;
certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds;
Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent;
- VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge;
- experience performing cloud deployments and migrations;
- proficiency in a technical support role with an equipment vendor, software vendor, or systems integrator for multi-vendor solutions; and
- Rest API, automation, and scripting skills are valuable including: Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, and Python.
Nice to have:
- a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- understanding of ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.