Position: Solutions Support Engineer
ID # 20TP1027SSE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Full time-permanent
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Support Engineer who will support virtualized edge solutions for our service provider and enterprise customers with an excellent customer experience. If you are a self-starter, problem solver and can work efficiently under pressure and perform a variety of tasks in a start-up mode then we want to hear from you!
1. Provide both post-sales and pre-sales solution support activities.
2. Support orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements.
3. Carry out testing of solutions along with troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve issues.
4. Perform root cause analysis of issues.
5. Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components. Assist in validation of solution configurations and release updates.
6. Contribute to knowledge base and competency development of the team
7. Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
8. Assist with staging and demonstration of proof of concepts (PoC) for customers and customer clients.
9. Identify and create processes and tools and other improvements to optimize the capabilities of the practice.
10. Provide status and resolution communication to both internal and external stakeholders
• 7+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field.
• 2+ years of NFV/VNF application experience.
• Technical skill and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF).
• Competent with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN.
• Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
• Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
• VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge.
• Has performed cloud deployments and migrations. Proficiency in a technical support role with an equipment vendor, software vendor, or systems integrator for multi-vendor solutions.
• Rest API, automation, and scripting skills are valuable including: Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, and Python.
Nice to have skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
To be legally entitled to work in Canada , you are required to meet one of the following conditions:
1. Canadian Citizenship 2. Permanent Residency 3. Valid Work Permit
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
Please Quote ID # ID # 20TP1027SSE