Senior Firmware Developer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location: Montreal QC Canada
High Tech Genesis is looking to hire a Firmware Developer to join our exciting team where you will develop and deliver control software modules for bare metal STM32 platforms for renewable energy technology including electric vehicle charging, solar power, home monitoring and more!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Write software modules to manage and control energy-centric hardware peripherals
- Tune the control algorithms
- Optimize firmware for speed and troubleshoot problems based on user feedback
- Promote good software engineering practices through design and code reviews
- Minimum of 5 years of professional (non-academic) experience delivering projects on STM32 or other ARM-based microcontrollers using embedded C on bare metal programming
- Recent experience with board bring ups
- Recent experience with algorithms for control for power conversion or motor control
- Recent experience working in hardware and/or electrical and/or electronic engineering lab
- Recent experience working high volume deployed firmware consumer products
- Recent experience working with LTSpice
- Recent experience with DevOps and Jira
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of detailed expertise and experience in one of the following microcontroller architectures and common hardware busses and peripherals: ADC, i2c, spi, can, pwm
- An ability to learn and adopt existing software architecture and improve through testing and iteration
- Ability to understand and suggest revisions and improvements to hardware schematics based on implementation implications, testing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with hardware and software
- Ability to tune control algorithms on simulation software and port to microcontrollers in a deployed product using Matlab
- Bachelors in Engineering from top tier university
- Ideally dual diploma in both Electrical and Software engineering
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 4: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your exciting career with us by applying on-line at: