ID # 7CH071922SM
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada (Hybrid)
Term: Full time, permanent
An agile coach and servant leader who is responsible for influencing agile values and practices at the Scrum Team level. Ensures the Scrum Team is fully functional, productive, and focused on delivering working software to customers.
You will engage with product owners, developers, product managers, program managers, UX Designers, Architects, and developers on a regular basis.
- Facilitates effective scrum team events
- Coach the team on how to self-organize
- Helps remove impediments and protects teams from disruptions
- Co-ordinates with other teams on dependency management
- Gain a high-level understanding of the product/technologies the team is delivering
- Promote CI/CD practices
- Maintain data integrity in the tools used to track the team's progress. (Rally, Jira, wikis etc.)
- Partners closely with product owner and engineering manager on building high-performing teams
- Facilitates engaging retrospectives and help teams implement continuous improvement actions
- Uses a data-driven approach to share the team's progress and improvement opportunities (burndowns, burn-ups, cumulative flow, etc.)
- Coaches the organization on Agile practices (SAFe, Scrum, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for PI Planning and capacity plan discussions
- Facilitates on-going backlog refinement events to achieve a healthy team backlog
- 4-6 years of experience in implementing Agile methodologies- Scrum, SAFe, Kanban
- 4+ Years of Scrum Master experience, demonstrating outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- 1+ years (daily use) of Jira experience using Jira for planning, tracking, and monitoring activities
- 2+ years of experience getting a software product to market - delivering with enterprise software development lifecycles, TDD, CI/CD
- Exposure to DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Github, Jenkins, Harness, etc.
- Must be willing to learn the product
- Must be accommodating
- Must be able to coach others to self-organize
- Experience as a DevOps developer
- Experience with software development
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Strong listening skills
- Experience as a mentor and Agile coach
- Flexible personality type while also being persistent and ridged
- Organized: able to meet deliverables, criteria, and milestones
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.