Network Test Engineer
Network Test Engineer
ID #: 20DG040821NTE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Contract/ term employment
Do you want to help us build the next generation of the world’s fastest networks that grow smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day? Join us on this fascinating journey.
What will you do as part of our team?
- Engage engineering teams, product line managers and product owners to transform high-level requirements into optimized test coverage
- Develop test strategies to fully exercise Packet Optical Transport product; System level, Routing and Switching, Provisioning, Performance and Scale, Fault management, Network traffic integrity
Execution and Delivery of manual and automation end-to-end feature testing, tracking testing using Agile due diligence to ensure complete feature coverage, availability of required test environment (i.e., traffic generators, cards, system set up and ready), and the testing is within given quality parameters
- Analyze test results and prepare test reports
- Investigate software defects, highlight critical issues, and consult with software development engineers in finding a resolution
Lead the effort to automate all manual test cases using automation best practices
- 5+ years of experience in test automation (python or TCL) preferably in Telecom.
- Scripting experience in any language(bash/pearl/python) but Python preferred
- 5+years recent experience with UNIX/Linux/RHEL/Ubuntu
- Experience with network/protocol testing (like MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Segment Routing, EVPN etc.)
- 2+ years with source code repositories: example: GIT, Perforce, ClearCase, etc.
- 1-year with traffic generators i.e.: ixia, spirant, smartbits etc.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall models of development
- Experience in both manual and automated testing environments
- Experience with Weblogic or REST APIs
- Excellent written (documentation) and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Strong abilities to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.