ID #; 05LB0406NE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Term: Full time, permanent
We are looking for a Network Engineer with 5 years of experience to work in a Top-Secret environment.
Sr. Network engineer is responsible for IT service management handling Incident management, Problem management, Change management for Wide area network with complete knowledge of technical design, functionality, configuration, performance and quality of WAN connectivity.
- Analyzing production network issues and resolve
- Follow troubleshooting mechanisms and suggest corrective action
- Work in follow-the-sun support model and provide required shift handover
- Administering service requests and execute network changes
- Own incident ticket resolution end-to-end and find a way to resolve or provide technical workarounds
- Coordinates with junior NOC engineers to analyze the issue, capture new logs if required
- Coordinate with cross technology technical team to resolve the incident
- Track issues that are intermediate in nature until its closure working with multiple stakeholder
- Ensure to provide technical update during the incident management
- Identify the issues root cause and create root cause analyses.
- Identify design related gaps that caused the incident and propose for preventive action
- Work through problem management process to support technical implementation
- Comply to change management process for change implementation
- Engage WAN service provider to troubleshoot the issue and escalate to get it resolved
- Coordinates solution provisioning and deployment by WAN connectivity service providers
- Additional duties as required and possible remote implementation assistance on special projects
- Escalate to very complex network issue to L4 engineer for support
- Helping in ticket management and reporting task
- MUST qualify for Top Secret Security Clearance (Canadian Citizen with 10 years verifiable residence)
- Bachelors’ degree or engineering degree in Telecommunications/Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Network services, deep knowledge of and management in complex environment
- Experience in network designs/configurations, managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose network alerts, events or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Hands-on experience in campus Lan switching architecture deployment and support using various industry devices
- Strong knowledge on Enterprise wired and wireless network, firewalls, virtualization, and load balancing
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Eager and capable to work in a global multi-cultural team and to develop him/her self
- Strong customer focus
- Drive to deliver results, “get things done” attitude
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is strongly desired
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.