Network Automation Engineer
Position: Network Automation Engineer
ID # 7HO0130NAE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: 6-month term (with likely extension)
We are looking for someone to set up a networking lab from scratch and also develop automation to test the functionality. In this role, you would be tasked with the following:
- Unpack, Rack, stack and cable of lab infrastructure and equipment
- Write test automation in Python for network infrastructure
- Automate network configuration using modern scripting languages
- Initial configuration of hardware and software/operating systems
- Lab configuration and documentation
- Install computers into lab environment and wire systems up
- Derive test cases and procedures based on design and configuration
- Provide assistance for all-purpose lab infrastructure
- Troubleshoot lab system issues (networks, servers)
This person will become an integral member of a development team that is developing new features on Cisco routers. Once the lab is set up, we will want this person to take on more and more test automation responsibility to help the developers test their code.
- 3+ years of relevant experience of network technology with knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- 3+years of experience in Software - Tools Infrastructure development.
- Experience automating and scripting with Python
- Skilled in troubleshooting/managing Cisco products-Routers/Switches
- Experience with CICD tools (Jenkins)
- Experience in test automation, tooling & end-to-end test solutions
Nice to have:
- Certification: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of networking infrastructures: Route/Switch L2/L3, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Routing Protocols (BGP/ISIS/OSPF, etc.)
- Good foundation in problem solving and software design (C/C++ or java programming is a plus)
- Self-motivated & highly proactive. Skilled in problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
To be legally entitled to work in Canada , you are required to meet one of the following
1. Canadian Citizenship 2. Permanent Residency 3. Valid Work Permit
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.