Position: Full-Stack Software Developer – Java Script
ID # 40FO0107FSSD-JS
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: 6-9 month Contract
We are looking for a software engineer with strong programming skills for the Globalization team in R&D. As an R&D professional and a member of a talented, cross-functional and devoted team you will have the opportunity to influence and make a significant impact on our research and development work. You will work with world class products and talented colleagues, in an environment where teamwork, innovation and knowledge sharing are important. As part of a multi-cultural team, you will be responsible for the infrastructure, tools and systems used by our Globalization department.
1. Design, implement, deploy tools and solutions that support R&D processes.
2. Compilation (when applicable), debugging and automated testing of components.
3. Participate in process improvements and represent the group in cross-site initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Hands experience with software development tools and processes is preferred.
• Strong analytical and design skills as well as strong problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable with handling different file formats, with a good understanding of XML
• Knowledge of version control systems (especially Git), operating system/server and networks.
Nice to have:
• Excellent communication skills, with an ability to describe complex problems to others, to listen and involve others in discussions, and the ability to tailor technical information to different audiences.
• Competent presentation and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong sense of responsibility and good at taking initiatives and drive towards defined objectives.
To be legally entitled to work in Canada , you are required to meet one of the following conditions:
1. Canadian Citizenship 2. Permanent Residency 3. Valid Work Permit
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Please quote Id #40FO0107FSSD-JS