Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
As an FPGA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and implementing FPGA-based solutions for our diverse range of products. Your expertise in Digital Signal Processing (DSP), High-Speed Designs, and RF SOC (System on Chip) will be instrumental in delivering high-performance and reliable solutions.
- Participate in system architecture definition to derive/validate specific firmware implementation requirements
- Analyze requirements to write a complete firmware design description
- Perform FPGA resources analysis, timing diagrams and programmable device selection
- Support algorithms development in cooperation with the Systems/DSP design team
- Perform firmware design implementation, simulation, and performance validation
- Actively support HW-SW-FW integration, as well as overall system integration and verification
- Provide guidance and solutions to complex technical problems
- Provide estimates to support cost and schedule creation and maintenance
- Provide regular progress reports
- Participate in technical reviews for various programs and bids
- Writes, peer reviews and updates technical documentation
- Must be eligible for an Enhanced Reliability clearance
- 3-5 years of experience in FPGA, Verilog or VHDL design
- Experience with simulation tools such as ModelSim and QuestSim
- Solid understanding of analog and digital hardware design, high speed communication protocols, EMI, and Power distribution/delivery
- Experience in DSP and /or RF Design
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, with excellent teamwork skills and minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Design experience using Xilinx products and tools (such as vivado) is preferred
- Prior experience with RFsoc devices
- Experience with ELINT/ESM, COMINT, Electronic Attack or Radar systems is a definite asset
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.