Position: Embedded Developer – Control Plane
ID # 20PP0207ED-CP
Location: Ottawa/Kanata Ontario Canada
Term: Full time
High Tech Genesis is seeking software developers proficient in designing and developing embedded telecommunications software. Developers must have knowledge in some or all the following transport and/or data technologies: MPLS Protocols, Segment Routing, MPLS OAM, BGP-LU, BGP-PIC, Layer 3 Routing, IS-IS, RSVP-TE, ISIS, OSPF, Layer 2 VPN, Layer-3 VPN, EVPN.
• 5+ years of experience in the related fields of Linux and Data Networking.
• Development experience in C/C++ on Linux platforms in embedded environment.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline.
• Participate in all stages of software development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
• Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++
• Proficiency developing real time embedded software in C/C++ on the Linux and VxWorks Operating System.
• Hands on experience with MPLS, Segment Routing, EVPN, L3VPN, ISIS or OSPF, or BGP.
• Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and work with hardware, software and system engineers to identify the root cause.
Nice to have:
• Understanding with Linux and VxWorks OS, utilities and system calls.
• Familiarity with developing software on multi-processor, highly concurrent systems.
• Understanding with object-oriented analysis and design.
• Ability to develop feature specifications even in cases of incomplete requirements.
• Being able to work with large Code Base.
• Socket network Programming (TCP/UDP)
• Real-Time Embedded Development Environment.
• XML and other Parsers
• Automation Tools, Code Coverage
• Performance Profiling Tools
• Code Reviews, writing Technical docs and creating Wikis
• Memory Leak Analysis
• Ability to work in a lab environment and design software for custom hardware.
• Excellent debugging skills.
To be legally entitled to work in Canada , you are required to meet one of the following
1. Canadian Citizenship 2. Permanent Residency 3. Valid Work Permit
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: ID # 20PP0203ED-CP