Cloud Software Developer
Cloud Software Developer
ID # 73JT031422CSD
Location: Remote/or work in Ottawa ON (office)
Term: Full time, permanent
High Tech Genesis has an immediate opening for a Cloud Software Developer. You will be responsible for defining, designing, developing, and deploying cloud native applications and solutions in leading cloud providers and platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes.
- Contribute to new products/solutions using agile software development practices.
- Test software through automation and CI/CD integration pipelines.
- Deliver features as a full-stack developer with the ability to switch between the different layers of an application/service.
- Experience in evaluating designs/solutions using various front-end and back-end architecture patterns.
- Communicate with the team through meetings, demos, and documentation.
- 3+ year's experience in software development
- Professional experience developing in back-end and front-end stacks
- Proficiency with Java & SpringBoot
- Experience with REST APIs
- Excellent working knowledge in various cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL/ElasticSearch)
- Comfortable with writing various types of automated tests (unit/integration/functional/performance)
- Self-starter, motivated, and willing to learn
- Team player who can collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Good communicator who communicates technical ideas clearly and concisely
If you have experience with any of the following:
- Cloud native infrastructure and SaaS
- Event-driven architecture and event brokers such as Solace, Kafka and SNS
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Microservices and design patterns
- Orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt)
- CI/CD pipelines
- BS. degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field OR equivalent experience
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.