Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Do you want to help us build the next generation of the world’s fastest networks that grow smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day?
Join us on this fascinating journey!
- Implement cross-platform base and middleware software and services
- Employ your expertise in the Linux Kernel, Docket containers, TCP/IP (L2, L3 and maybe L4) stack, and memory management to develop new networking products
- Work closely with advanced hardware devices including multi-core embedded CPUs, packet processors, FPGAs, L2/L3 switch ASICs and Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and optics
- Participating in all stages of software development - requirements analysis, design and prototyping, implementation, testing, and eventually maintenance support
- Troubleshoot hardware and software and performance issues. Working closely with hardware, software, verification and system engineering teams to identify the root causes of issues
- Working with the team to investigate and collect information to resolve process, design and field issues found on current or previous designs
- Influence the software architecture, to improve resiliency, debuggability and maintainability
- 5+ years of broad experience in multiple aspects of embedded Linux
- Knowledge of the physical design and architecture of embedded Linux systems
- General Ethernet switching experience: Filters, Ingress Field Processor, MAC, PHY, Autoneg
- Comprehensive experience with the Linux kernel, device drivers, Universal I/O, Kernel Modules
- Expertise in highly concurrent systems (good knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, interrupt handling, inter-process communication, scheduling, resource management, user/kernel space interactions, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Linux memory management and page allocation
- Practical experience with core dump analysis and profiling tools
- Comfortable in a lab environment and able to integrate software onto custom hardware
- Shell Programming in bash, Perl and Python
- Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++ and Object-oriented design, mostly working in hardcore C
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and perform fault isolation and usage of source code debug tools
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.